Re: Files which do not belong to installed packages...

On Thu, Oct 29, 1998 at 01:25:24AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Well, /var is designed for that, of course. However, last time I checked,
> a basic install (base system + dselect defaults) did not install
> a kernel-image package, so the kernel itself does not belong to a package!

Yeah, that's a known bug (and a really old one too!). The problem is not
the kernel, but the modules. As any user can change the kernel and
modules used in the boot-floppies, I haven't found an easy way to feed
dpkg databases with the proper package information. As always, patches
are welcome! ;-)

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es