Re: Asking for LILO configurations, intent to make 'liloconfig'

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 11:44:29AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> >>"Javier" == Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es> writes:
>
>  Javier> I will be using the following to make this program, but I would also
>  Javier> appreciate pointers to similar stuff:
>
> 	Have you looked at the kernel-image package? [...] I like to think
>  this is worth looking at.

Javier, Manoj's lilo.conf is a good example. You may want to take into
account that some SCSI controllers swap BIOS's Id's if two or more SCSI
harddisks are installed. The worst situation I've encountered so far is more
or less this (I stripped most of the uninteresting stuff... Manoj's setup is
better at that):

boot=/dev/sdc
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
disk=/dev/sda bios=0x82
disk=/dev/sdb bios=0x81
disk=/dev/sdc bios=0x80
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.35-1
        label=linux
        root=/dev/sda1
        read-only

As you can see the SCSI disk with the lowest scsi id (sda) gets the highest
bios' id. The one with the highest scsi id gets the lowest bios' id. The
situation gets funnier if there are IDE disks present, but I don't have a
lilo.conf for that at hand. (And not every SCSI bios is broken in this way
-- yes, the controller is broken if it does this)

						Marcelo