Re: Deleting uncompressed Info/Doc files at upgrades

Adam P. Harris wrote:

> Documentation is a logical group with its own needs and demands.

There are lots of "logical groups" with their own needs and demands.
What I object to is a solution that addresses only one of these "logical
groups" and ignores the fact that there are others.

> You might take a look at my metadata proposal

I haven't looked at it, but I think that metadata *is* a good solution
to this sort of problem.  If there's no technical flaws in your
proposal, and it's a good *general purpose* metadata solution, then I'd
probably be willing to support it.  One thing we might want to consider,
though, while we're at it, is that the Gnome folks are working out the
details of *their* metadata needs.  If we can find a way to be
compatible with whatever they come up with, that would be a Big Win all
around.

cheers
or   cwaters@systems.DHL.COM | above, but it is too long to fit into