New relases of GNOME / The redhat and GNOME relationship

----- Forwarded message from Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> -----

Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:38:09 -0500
From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>
To: gnome-announce-list@gnome.org, gnu@gnu.org
Subject: Bouncing Bonobo release of the GNOME libraries.

			      ANNOUNCING

	  The Bouncing Bonobo release of the GNOME libraries

The GNOME team has just released version 0.30 of the GNOME libraries
(the Bouncing Bonobo release).  With this release lots of stability
problems have been fixed and it is the first release to include CORBA
support on the core.

[-SNIP-]

Getting it:

	You can get the code from:

	    ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources

	Or from the Anonymous CVS, use the tag GNOME_0_30 to fetch
	this version.

	RPM packages for Red Hat based systems are available at:

	    ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/redhat/latest

	There are no Debian packages at the time of this release, but
	they should appear as soon as the Debian maintainers catch up
	with the release.

[-SNIP-]

Special thanks to the Red Hat Advanced Development team for
engineering the release of Bouncing Bonobo.

The GNOME team.

----- End forwarded message -----

As soon as the Debian maintainers catch up? Specail thanks to Redhat?

Did we give them $1000 or did I imagine it?

--
"Linus Torvalds has never met Bill Gates" - Robert X. Cringely