Re: New relases of GNOME / The redhat and GNOME relationship

On Thu, Sep 24, 1998 at 08:21:11PM +0100, Edward Betts wrote:
> As soon as the Debian maintainers catch up?

Sure. AFAIK rpms are generated automatically from the CVS sources and deb
aren't. So, the Debian maintainer must "catch up", even if he is usually
just a few days behind (I must ask Jim about his 36 hours days. It's
impossible he can do so many things with just our usual 24 hours ones).

Perhaps someone can set up an automatic compilation environment so that
we can provide GNOME debs at the same time RH provides its rpms.

> Specail thanks to Redhat?

They hold GNOME mail-lists, CVS, ... (we could do that easily, but
gnomers thought our CVS server was really slow, and didn't asked for
anything else). They have people working full-time for GNOME. Sure they
deserve special thanks. If we provide as much services and effort as RH,
I'm sure we will see "Special thanks to Debian" in the next GNOME press
release. But, what are we doing for GNOME right now?

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es