Re: New relases of GNOME / The redhat and GNOME relationship

Edward Betts <edward@hairnet.demon.co.uk> writes:

> 	There are no Debian packages at the time of this release, but
> 	they should appear as soon as the Debian maintainers catch up
> 	with the release.

They didn't give me a head start this time.  :-)

Last time I got the .deb's out before the RPMs came out.  This time,
they released the RPMs at the same time as the source.

Frankly, I prefer it that way - that way, they'll detect more of the
show-stopping packaging bugs and fix them before I get to them.
(Although they still have a problem with releasing stuff that depends
on non-released stuff)

If I had kept up-to-date with the gnome-hackers list, I would have
seen two days earlier that they were preparing for a release.  But
since I've been rather busy lately, I only heard about the release
after it was made.

Excuses, excuses ...  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim