Re: software licensing

Rob Tillotson <robt@debian.org> wrote:
> That's what I thought, and I totally agree. I wish there was more we
> could do about it, but if the owners of the original code don't want
> to pursue it, our hands would seem to be tied. Oh well.

Huh?

Why are our hands any more tied here than in other circumstances where
the authors won't provide us with an acceptable license?  No one is
forcing us to redistribute the code.

For that matter, has anyone even contacted the original authors about
this?  [I haven't -- there are dozens of authors and I already have
too many half-complete projects.]

--
Raul