Re: software licensing

john@dhh.gt.org <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
> The employer has made copies of the program, but has not distributed
> them. He owns the copies, which his employees are using under his
> direction as part of their jobs.

More likely, the employer directed someone else to do so.

But if he does not distribute these copies to the employees machines,
the employees are likely to have a rather tough time using the software.
[Unless the employees don't have that kind of access, in which case it
doesn't matter what kind of license is on the software -- RPL wouldn't
make a bit of difference.]

However, given that we're not doing anything about a much more obvious
violation of the GPL, I don't think any of this conversation is really
relevant to Debian.

--
Raul