Re: Need for a special spreasheet application

"Dr. Michael Meskes" <meskes@online-club.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 10, 1998 at 12:28:03PM -0700, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
>
> > I can recomend ApplixWare. It's comersial, but it's not as big (big as in
> > 'big foot print') as StarOffice. It is also faster.
>
> Before I go out and buy AW I could as well use Excel on the office machine.
> As free-software community we have to have such features available before we
> can compete.

You meen to say that you prefer to work in that aofull system, when there is
software on a good system, that's as good... :)

Maybe AW isn't free, but the rest of the system is... :) And it's a lot more
stable to...

> > If the only thing you want to do, is keep a tab on your time spent on a
> > project (or whatever), there's 'worklog'.
>
> That won´t cut it either. I´m not one of those lucky guys who work on Linux.
> I have to enter the time later on my way home e.g.

Ohh... The software is free, so it wouldn't be _THAT_ hard to recompile it for
dos or whatever you use...

 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are
         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /          papadoc.nocrew.org
  _ /// / /__| | | | | |_| |>  <  Turbo Fredriksson    turbo@tripnet.se
  \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ Surrey/B.C./Canada      (604)572-3523
Debian Certified Linux Developer  PGP#788CD1A9   www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B --------
--
jihad supercomputer Waco, Texas fissionable radar smuggle Clinton
Khaddafi genetic counter-intelligence ammunition Ft. Bragg BATF Rule