Re: Need for a special spreasheet application

On Mon, Aug 10, 1998 at 12:28:03PM -0700, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> That should not be a 'spreadsheet' issue... You have to enter the correct
> calculations. I have been teaching Office for some time, and have used

I have to be able to do so. :-)

> ApplixWare on my own comp, and the calc should be something (it was a wile
> ago :)
>
> date=3DA+B (asuming that in the A col you have when you left, and in the B =
> col
>           you have when you get back)

That´s about what I use with SO.

> Ohh... If you absolutly need DFSG freeness, I think you're out of luck.. I'=
> ve
> tried about every free Office suit, and they just don't cut it...

I was afraid to hear that.

> I can recomend ApplixWare. It's comersial, but it's not as big (big as in
> 'big foot print') as StarOffice. It is also faster.

Before I go out and buy AW I could as well use Excel on the office machine.
As free-software community we have to have such features available before we
can compete.

> If the only thing you want to do, is keep a tab on your time spent on a
> project (or whatever), there's 'worklog'.

That won´t cut it either. I´m not one of those lucky guys who work on Linux.
I have to enter the time later on my way home e.g.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes		meskes@online-club.de, meskes@debian.org
Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire!	Use Debian GNU/Linux!