Re: slink: network troubles? known issue?

"Stephen J. Carpenter" <sjc@delphi.com> wrote:

> The first thing I did after all the packages installed was bringing up
> a new PPP connection...it came up fine BUT when I tried to ping
> ANYTHING I got an "operation not permitted" through the ppp connection
> (brough UP AFTER the install) ...ping worked fine over eth0
> I brought DOWN all network interfaces and brought them back up
> (even rebooted) then I got the same erro on BOTH lo AND eth0!!
> Every interface I brought up AFTER the install did this.

Did you install the ipmasq package? That messed up my system... Same problems...

Now, how was it... The slink version is faulty some how, and the hamm version
works ok... Or was it the other way around... :)

(I really should take note of my problems and how I fixed them... :)

 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are
         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /          papadoc.nocrew.org
  _ /// / /__| | | | | |_| |>  <  Turbo Fredriksson    turbo@tripnet.se
  \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ Surrey/B.C./Canada      (604)572-3523
Debian Certified Linux Developer  PGP#788CD1A9   www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B --------
--
South Africa Clinton FBI nuclear smuggle jihad Cocaine cryptographic
security Marxist counter-intelligence Soviet kibo Ft. Bragg Ft. Meade