Re: Another possible slink goal (multipackages users profile)

Joey Hess wrote:

> No. Read what I said. Update-menus does not work at once not for reasons of
> speed, but because at the time it is run in the postinst, dpkg has not yet
> updated the status database to say if the package is properly installed.

After thinking about it again and thinking about the menu files I think
I get what you're talking about.  Anyway we could handle it either way.
This doesn't count.  We first have to decide that we want to do so,
then how we can achieve what we want and *then* implement it.  Wether
run at once or when dpkg has finished is only a design issue.

Regards,

	Joey

--
VFS: no free i-nodes, contact Linus  -- finlandia, Feb '94