Re: Another possible slink goal (multipackages users profile)

> Ok, but what's the scope of this change?

I would suggest that we want separate sections for things to be set
in the case of login shells, interactive shells, all shell
invocations, etc., or to start with just one of these.

That way we can have things like fortune-mod and sendfile
install default behavior (conffiles, perhaps) that will
be interpreted by shells in an equivalent way.

Even if it is felt that having packages installing such things
by default (like /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/) is evil, it would still
be a handly tool for the system administrator to be able to
modify shell startup behavior in one place one time and have
each shell mechanism interpret it properly, rather than having
to modify the startup scripts for each and every shell used on
the system.

I'd even be fine if it were voluntary and not mandated by policy,
though I intend to implement this for zsh as soon as there is
a spec. of some kind.  I fail to see the point of arguing
about what a shell is.