Re: Another possible slink goal (multipackages users profile)

Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE> wrote:
>    Therefore I believe that we should elaborate a mechanism that can
>    be used for all shells. This could be /etc/profile.d/ containing
>    scripts or fragments. It could alternatively contain some data that
>    will be evaluated and changed into code that can be read by the
>    used shell.

What's a shell?

(1) Is this to be used by every /bin/sh script?
(2) Is rc a shell?
(3) Is perl -de 0 a shell?  How about with -MShell?
(4) Is emacs a shell?
(5) Is wish a shell?
(6) Is expect a shell?
(7) Is vi a shell?  [If not, what about ! commands on a remote elvis under X?]

etc.

--
Raul