Re: Another possible slink goal (multipackages users profile)

Previously Raul Miller wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@wiggy.ml.org> wrote:
> > login shells and normal shells both read some global files on startup.
> > There are ways to make them include a common file. Indeed most shells
> > have a command called source which does just that.
>
> Hmm.. but when I presented the possibility of altering non-login shells:

I was referring to something else: a shell which is used as a login-shell
can also be invoked as a non login-shell: if a shell is spawned by
login it's a login-shell and might behave different then when it's created
under other circumstances. See the manpages for bash for an example of this.
We're just confusing terminology here.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl