Re: RH and GNOME

Rob Browning wrote:
> Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > The problem with say imlib is that he refuses to change the major
> > number even though the libraries are incompatible because it looks
> > ugly...
>
> You've *got* to be kidding.  What is wrong with these people?  If
> that's really the reason.  I'm sure glad someone that lame's not in
> charge of libc.
>
> Assuming that the info in this thread's pretty accurate, I'm going to
> have to reconsider how much faith I want to put in E.  I was
> considering switching to it when was released, but now other
> alternatives are looking better.  I want something with a reasonable
> developer who works *with* others.
Go read
http://www.gnome.org/mailing-lists/archives/gnome-list/1998-April/1003.html
and judge for yourself. (Read the whole thread or ask Jim. Don't take my
word for it.)

> Furthermore, this just frees our resources for other things, and since
> the whole ball of wax is GPLed, there's nothing they could do (even if
> they wanted to, which I don't think they do) that we couldn't correct.
I sincerly hope that's the case.

Luis.
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76