Re: Having a non-free and a non-cd branch?

Raul Miller wrote:

> Kevin Atkinson <kevina@clark.net> wrote:
> > Sorry, I didn't mean to say non-GPL. Want I mean to say is that I
> > think companies should be rewarded for distributing there programs
> > freely even if they are not complete free by debian's standard.
>
> You want us to reward companies by violating their licenses?
>
> Sorry, but you are very wrong -- this is not a good way to be nice to a
> company.

In what way would including it on the cd violate the license?  If you
mean that you modified the archive well you already did that when you
packaged it.

Now it does violate the Debian Social Contract.  Thus it will never
happen. However just putting it on a CD would not violate the license.

> I think we've made the right choice.

And I don't agree however it is clear that I don't have the same
belifies that the majority of the Debian develpment has.  It is really a
moral issue now.