Re: Having a non-free and a non-cd branch?

Kevin Atkinson <kevina@clark.net> wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't mean to say non-GPL. Want I mean to say is that I
> think companies should be rewarded for distributing there programs
> freely even if they are not complete free by debian's standard.

You want us to reward companies by violating their licenses?

Sorry, but you are very wrong -- this is not a good way to be nice to a
company.

For the case of Qt, it very explicitly places limits on redistribution,
which means we have a choice: follow those restrictions or not.

We're following those restrictions.

I think we've made the right choice.

--
Raul