Re: xntp3: init script is not very policy-compliant

Raul Miller wrote:
> Briefly, this command line:
> f=/tmp/fifo; rm -f $f; mkfifo $f; ( sleep 100 <$f 0>$f &);  sleep 2; echo >$f
> will kill your interactive shell
>
> I'm a bit surprised to find this, um.. undocumented feature in three
> shells of supposedly different lineage.  I should note that it doesn't
> affect bash (nor other shells) when I tried it under solaris.  I guess
> it might be related to the kernel's handling of sigpipe.
>
> Someone want to check to see if it's just me, before I go off and file
> a whole bunch of bug reports?

If you do file bug reports, zsh should get one too:

joey@paper:~>f=/tmp/fifo; rm -f $f; mkfifo $f; ( sleep 100 <$f 0>$f &);
sleep 2; echo >$f
zsh: file mode mismatch on fd 0

<shell exits here>

--
see shy jo

I'm on a long trip, pardon any delays in my reply.