Re: joilet fs for official cdrom

On Thu, Jun 11, 1998 at 11:06:13PM +0200, Ronald Lembcke wrote:

> I had the same problem with my selfburned hamm cd's...
> the debian-hamm kernel seems to prefere joliet over
> rockridge.... with   mount -o nojoliet   the symlinks worked...

I used Andreas' tarball v 0.12 (which contains mkisofs) on a machine running
2.1.103, using -J -r (and -b, too), and it works fine... both 2.1.103 and
2.0.33 seem to prefer Joliet over RR, but I can see and use the symlinks on
both systems... I pass no options to mount (fstab reads
"defaults,ro,noauto")

> when you make a bootable cd with joliet _and_ rockridge the information
> for the bios that it is a bootable cd is written one sector too late...
> the cd won't be recognized as bootable.

using mkisofs (the one Andreas includes) it worked just fine on a PC with a
QDI MB (it says something like Titanium IB+ TX... it's a 430TX chipset).

			Marcelo