Re: Splitting the distribution over several CDs

>Therefore, I have another proposal:
>
>We create a new section "extra" (not to be confused with packages with
>extra priority, alternate names welcome).
>
>By definition: section "extra" is for packages that do not fit in the
>first CD-ROM...

please not. createing a new section will be work for maintainers
and guy. why don't we let the maintainer of debian-cd (whoever this is) let
do his job ? we don't create cd's that often to need a dynamic
mechanism. a simple blacklist mechanism will work.

>I propose to make a survey among our users and let them decide about
>which packages should go to the first CD and which ones to the second.
>How does this sound?

what about contrib (and parts of non-free, if the burner wants), and
non-US (outside the usa) go on the second cdrom ?

andreas