Re: Splitting the distribution over several CDs

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> >By definition: section "extra" is for packages that do not fit in the
> >first CD-ROM...
>
> please not. createing a new section will be work for maintainers
> and guy.

If it's a section, is it going to be like main/extra/graphics,
contrib/extra/math, and so on? 'cause if it's plain
main/extra/*.deb, then that's the same as RH's contrib section: a
big mess. Ours would be an official mess, but a mess anyway.

I second Andreas here. Let's just put packages with priority
extra on the second CD (and *don't* label it "extra"; that would
make CD distributors think it's something they don't need to
distribute). Of course, it's necessary to be a bit more
discriminating regarding what's extra, just like Ian's been
doing.

		Marcelo