Re: policy violation and bug reports.

Hi,
	Joey, do not remove the scores file, just zero size it. the
 files have group read permissions, OK? In the postinst, you can touch
 a file, set the permission, and the games *ALL* work. Try it. zero
 sized score file. correct permissions. simple. (did you think through
 as to why a lot of games are setgid games? and why a lot of files,
 including score files, are group writable?)

	Jeeze.

	Extra files:  56K + dosemu image
__> du -s /etc
5663    /etc
	I have a pretty complete system, and the increase in size of
 /etc is about 1% (dosemu aside). Live figures.

	 advantages of all local mods in /etc:
 a) only need to backup /etc
 b) /etc is always local
 c) configuration files are all supposed to be in /etc
    follows current policy
 d) available on system startup
	probably other I can think up on more than 10 seconds notice.

	As to the conffile not being a configuration file, I think you
 are wrong on that issue (you doubtless feel I am wrong). I think this
 is a time for some deadlock breakage to occur.

	I think we have reached a point where neither one of us is
 saying anything new.

	If you think policy is restrictive, get it changed. I think
 this feeling of being restricted is just because you are not trying
 hard enough (to be polite).

	manoj
--
 In general, if you think something isn't in Perl, try it out, because
 it usually is.  :-) --Larry Wall in <1991Jul31.174523.9447@netlabs.com>