Re: Q: Location of copyrighted ROM images for emulator packages?

Hi,

	If the ROMs are adta, and not conf files, then how do we solve
 the issue of never overwriting a user provided rom? If you create a
 zero length file in /var/lib/Blah, and I overwrite it, and then I
 upgrade or re-install, are my chages gone? If so, it is a bug in the
 package.

>>"Arto" == Arto Astala <astala@tnso13.tele.nokia.fi> writes:

Arto> These are just (possibly) machine local config files that are
Arto> not in /etc since they do not belong into /etc.

	This is wrong, since config files have to be in /etc.

Arto> Configuration files need not be in /etc, all that the quote said
Arto> was that files in /etc are config files.

	This is wrong. Please read the policy manual.

3.3.7. Configuration files

     Any configuration files created or used by your package should reside
     in `/etc'. If there are several you should consider creating a
     subdirectory named after your package.

 All obvious theorems are true. Pommersheim's Principle All true
 theorems are obvious. Keane's Kriterion