Re: compiling packages on va

   Yes, the way I hacked this was to name a script similar to the above "pgp",
   and put in in ~/bin/pgp, which is the first directory in my PATH. So my pgp
   script was used to sign stuff. I ran into some difficulty with pgp asking
   for the pass phrase - I forget what, so I eventually eneded up with a
   slightly more compilced script that used an environment variable to keep pgp
   from prompting for the pass phrase.

That's dangerous, though--anyone can see what's in the environment.