Re: compiling packages on va

Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

> On Sun, Feb 08, 1998 at 05:20:32PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > What is the best way to PGP sign packages compiled on va?
> > I don't like uploading my secret key to another computer.
>
> I'd suggest sending the packages or files to your normal account
> and pgp sign it there.

In theory, the 128 bit "message digest" could be created on the remote
machine, brought back to the local machine for encryption, and the
result sent back to the remote machine for generation of the
document's signature.  I don't think that pgp currently supports this,
but it wouldn't be too hard to implement.  Is this a desired feature?

Kirk Hilliard