Re: compiling packages on va

Kirk Hilliard wrote:
> In theory, the 128 bit "message digest" could be created on the remote
> machine, brought back to the local machine for encryption, and the
> result sent back to the remote machine for generation of the
> document's signature.  I don't think that pgp currently supports this,
> but it wouldn't be too hard to implement.  Is this a desired feature?

Since all that actually gets pgp signed is the changes file, which is small,
all you really need to do is something like:

cat file.changes | ssh yourcomputer pgp -f -sta > file.changes.asc

At least something like that, you get the idea. I've used some variation of
this, and it can be made to work, but I don't have the details available
now.

--
see shy jo