SCSI Controllers

I am looking to get a SCSI card that will work with various drives and
other periphs.  I know nothing about using SCSI interfaces.  Is the
ULTRASTOR a good choice?  Is it necessary to buy the interface to match
or be compatible with the equipment that is to be interfaced or will the
SCSI work with most any kind of SCSI device?

I am really confused by how this all works.  Is installation of the
interface and devices more difficult using SCSI?

Mike Shafer