Re: Recompiling elisp files (Re: Taking over production of emacs20 package.)

Two further small reasons against install time .el compilation of large
packages:
1. I have to install .el sources even when I don't need them.
2. Slow installation.

The first is a problem on computers with limited disk space (e.g. my
laptop).

The second is the problem when I perform major upgrade.  I can go to get
some koffee during unpacking packages, but then I have/want to answer
some installation questions.  If things like gnus was compiled during
this procedure, I'd be angry (things like texhash and menu/manpage
updates on background are annoying enough already).

Milan Zamazal