Re: apache 1.2

Package: apache
Version: 1.3b3-6

On Fri, Dec 19, 1997 at 08:28:40PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> The apache 1.3 package doesn't seem to have the mod_auth_dbm
> module which we need on our web server (I find it easier
> to manage the crypted passwords with dbmmanage than in text files),
> but the apache 1.2.4 package is nowhere to be found. Does anybody
> have a copy on their mirror that they could send me?

As far as I can tell from the bug index (the bugs themselves
have expired), dbm in Apache is obselete and has been removed.
Despite this, the package still provides mod_auth_dbm.info, .html,
and the dbmmanage script. Also, there is no indication on
www.apache.org that mod_auth_dbm is obselete, and the page
for it is marked Apache 1.3.

I have converted our dbm files to GNU db with a perl script I wrote
and it now works fine. The dbm situation is confusing though.

hamish