No executables or libraries in the package!

I am trying to package a couple of programs, su1 and and
mlddc.  I packaged su1 without problems, but following
the same steps for mlddc I am unable to get any binaries
in the package.  I checked the documentation but I can
find many specifics on how deb-make, rules, and build
interact and what they expect to find.

Mark W. Blunier
blunier@concentric.net

Some output from build:

test -f debian/rules
rm -rf debian/tmp
install -d debian/tmp
cd debian/tmp && install -d `cat ../dirs`
make install DESTDIR=`pwd`/debian/tmp
make[1]: Entering directory `/debian/local/source/mlddc-3.1.8'
install -m 755 mlddc /usr/bin
make[1]: Leaving directory `/debian/local/source/mlddc-3.1.8'
debstd CHANGES README README.ports
--------------- debstd processing --------------
-- Installing Documentation
-- Looking for manpages in sourcepackage

** Main Package mlddc
-- Checking for executable binaries in package
No executables or libraries in the package!
-- Checking Symlinks
--------------- debstd processing finished --------------