Re: Lists of Maintainers

Stefan Berndtsson wrote:

> Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
>
> > > So how do you know who's compiling what at the moment. AFAIK the recompiling
> > > isn't all that controlled when it comes to compiling for other than the
> > > maintainers arch(s).
> > >
> > It only makes sens for very few package like kernel sourcen, bootdisk
> > and other base and required packages, but maintainers should know if
> > there is such a person.
>
> If there is, the maintainer usually knows about it, and since it doesn't affect a
> very large portion of the packages, I'd say it's rather irrelevant. Most likely
> the maintainer knows who's doing it, if not, it shouldn't be too hard finding
> out anyway. The argument you had for search for PPC would also become useless,
> since you'd only get a tiny list of the packages, and statistically the chance
> of you getting a name isn't very large. Appearantly this has been discussed before
> as well, so I'll leave it at this.
>
> /Stefan

No, I would get a list of maintainers.
My suggestion was to have non-i386 maintainers listed as such or better
have a list of architectures for each maintainer.
The information for a maintainer would than look something like this:

Maintainer: test dummy
Email: dummy@test.org
Debian Email: dummy@debian.org
City/Country: LinCity / Freeciv
xearth: 003.54 45.34 (or however xearth data looks like)
Arch: i386 m68k

[x] add to xearth data
[x] have it on www

An Packages field would be nice also, but that can be extracted from the
Packages.gz anyway.

May the source be with you.
			Mrvn