Re: Lists of Maintainers

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> It is a good idea to know what system maintainers are working for/on.
> It's also good if the maintainer of a package know that Maintainer-X is
> recompileing the package for arch-Y so he can give him a notice that the
> source has changed. That will only be for a very few packages anyway.
> Somethink like the bootdisks for example.

So how do you know who's compiling what at the moment. AFAIK the recompiling
isn't all that controlled when it comes to compiling for other than the
maintainers arch(s).

> PS: Anybody, reading this, working on a Debian PPC port at the moment?

I'd be happy to, but unfortunately there is some things missing.

powerpc support in glibc-2.0.x, ld.so-1.9.x and gcc, are some of them.
All I've been able to find is glibc-1.99, ld.so-1.7.0, and a hacked
gcc-2.7.2.1. egcs DOES come with powerpc support, but doesn't compile
clean (had to do some modifications to the Makefile, regarding multiple
targets with libgcc), and there are problems with the crt*.o files as
well.

Before this is available, things just won't work as well as you'd like.

/Stefan

--
| Stefan Berndtsson  | Stefan on IRC, hades.valhall.net |