Re: Lists of Maintainers

James Troup wrote:

> Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
>
> > > Is there a List of Maintaiers with Location ?  If not, we should
> > > create some List (Name, Country City) IMO (shame on me : i don't
> > > know all german maintainers... :-(
> >
> > If you do make or update the List, please also note the non i386
> > maintainer and what packages they maintain (port to their
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > architecture).
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Blah.  Please don't start this rubbish again.  Assigning packages to
> non-i386 architectures maintainers isn't done and isn't feasible,
> let's leave it at that.
>
> --
> James

It is a good idea to know what system maintainers are working for/on.
It's also good if the maintainer of a package know that Maintainer-X is
recompileing the package for arch-Y so he can give him a notice that the
source has changed. That will only be for a very few packages anyway.
Somethink like the bootdisks for example.

At the moment I'm looking for a maintainer that ports to PPC and with
the list I would only have to grep for PPC.

May the source be with you.
			Mrvn

PS: Anybody, reading this, working on a Debian PPC port at the moment?