Re: non-debian kernels -- bizzar?

On Mon, Jul 28, 1997 at 11:28:54AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	This is not bypassing the test, this is telling the system
>  that yes, I have another kernel, so please go ahead and remove
>  2.0.30. (this is precisely what the prerm wanted to know.
>
> 	The benefit is that even a Debian developer find it very hard
>  to get rid of a kernel that is the same version as the one running
>  ;-). This will make it very hard for a novice to totally hose the
>  system

Feature request: when you install a kernel, /vmlinuz is changed
to /vmlinuz.old, and the new kernel -> /vmlinuz. Similar
for System.map. So I set up a LILO entry called previous.
Any chance that upon removing a kernel-package generated
kernel package, things could be changed back? Since no history
is available except the previous I would assume that would
mean both the current and previous (/vmlinuz and /vmlinuz.old)
would now point to the previous version.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust                                 hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.