Re: non-debian kernels -- bizzar?

On 28 Jul 1997, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

[snip]
> 	The benefit is that even a Debian developer find it very hard
>  to get rid of a kernel that is the same version as the one running
>  ;-). This will make it very hard for a novice to totally hose the
>  system
>
> 	If it is this easy for you to bypass the problem, it means
>  that someone who knows what they are doing can get rid of the
>  package.

We are not here to be nursemaids, are we? :-)

IMO, as a matter of convenience, the package should allow itself to be
removed by normal means.  Since I never install it anymore, I haven't had
any problems.  A strong warning should suffice to "protect" novice
users.  How will they learn if they never make a mistake?  I believe the
request for a change has merit.

Thanks.  Syrus.