Re: modversioning in kernel

Michael Meskes wrote:

> What's the current policy about module versioning with our kernel? A while
> ago we started to use it. But now I cannot find modversion.h etc. in
> kernel-headers anymore. If we don't use it anymore I have to recompile
> ibcs2.

It certainly should be in there.  I just had a look at kernel-package
3.32 and can't find
anything obivous.  (BTW, Manoj, is there any thing in the resulting
binary package that
indicates which version of kernel-package was used to build it? If not,
it'd be a nice thing
to add.)  I'll try to keep this in mind the next time I build a kernel
release.
Home Page: http://greathan.apana.org.au/~herbert/
PGP Key: http://greathan.apana.org.au/~herbert/pubkey.txt