Re: Confusion about pristine original sources

Guy Maor <maor@ece.utexas.edu> writes:
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
>
> > 	I don't think that the dpkg scripts have been modified yet to
> >  accept the proposed source schemes. [...]
>
> It exists in versions 1.4.0.13 and higher:
> [...]
> Klee - is this not widely known?

I'm not sure.  I announced it at the time, but as I recall we were in
the middle of some sort of heated debate, so it may have gotten lost
in the noise.

It does work, though --- I'm using it in several of my packages now
without any problems.

A new version of dpkg-source that supports multiple signed upstream
sources and signed patch files is also in the works, but will probably
be 6--8 weeks before it is ready for release (it works now, but needs
a lot more cleaning up and a lot more work on the certificate
management infratstructure).