Re: Hamm: Exim + Chos standard?

In article <[🔎] 6YvTRCwzcsB@khms.westfalen.de>,
Kai Henningsen <kai@khms.westfalen.de> wrote:
[exim]
>I also hope to figure out how to get exim to have a customer-configurable
>spam block when acting as MX for those customers - I think they'll like
>that very much, and it sure looks as if that should be possible.

Oh yes, please look into this. I hacked up a nice solution for sendmail-
see http://miquels.www.cistron.nl/nospam/

Basically, you check when mail comes in if you are an MX for the recipient
domain. If not, you refuse it. Hard error (5xx) if you really aren't an
MX, soft error (4xx) if there's a DNS failure. Works great - we've been
abused a lot as spam relay the last couple of weeks, and it has stopped
completely now. I really get a kick out of looking at mail.log checking
out all the rejections :)

Ofcourse there also needs to be a file (LocalIP with sendmail) to define
IP ranges that may use your SMTP host as a relay - for customers that
use your host as smarthost (Eudora, pegasus, netscape, sendmail null
clients etc).

Mike.
--
| Miquel van Smoorenburg |  "I need more space" "Well, why not move to Texas" |
| miquels@cistron.nl     |  "No, on my account, stupid." "Stupid? Uh-oh.."    |