Re: Hamm: Exim + Chos standard?

miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)  wrote on 16.06.97 in <[🔎] 5o1qvd$1lp$1@Q.cistron.nl>:

> In article <[🔎] 6YvTRCwzcsB@khms.westfalen.de>,
> Kai Henningsen <kai@khms.westfalen.de> wrote:
> [exim]
> >I also hope to figure out how to get exim to have a customer-configurable
> >spam block when acting as MX for those customers - I think they'll like
> >that very much, and it sure looks as if that should be possible.
>
> Oh yes, please look into this. I hacked up a nice solution for sendmail-
> see http://miquels.www.cistron.nl/nospam/
>
> Basically, you check when mail comes in if you are an MX for the recipient
> domain. If not, you refuse it. Hard error (5xx) if you really aren't an
> MX, soft error (4xx) if there's a DNS failure. Works great - we've been
> abused a lot as spam relay the last couple of weeks, and it has stopped
> completely now. I really get a kick out of looking at mail.log checking
> out all the rejections :)

While I'm pretty certain that exim can do this (I think smail still has
problems), it is not what I was talking about.

I meant the possibility for a customer to request the ISP exim to reject
any mail that comes from, say, savetrees.com. You know, what AOL does,
except I want individual customers to be able to configure individual
lists.

MfG Kai