Hamm: Exim + Chos standard?
It might be good if we would replace smail in hamm with exim. Exim should
be the standard mailer for hamm:
- Exim is based on the same concepts as smail.
- It is developed with newer concepts in mind
- Exim is scalable from running from inetd to delivering hundredths of
thousands of messages a day
- Exim has just one configuration file. eximconfig is the old smailconfig
script reworked. It is extremly easy to set up.
- Active development is going on.
- Support for a variety of mailbox formats including Maildir.
- Has X interface
- Well written documentation
I really have not seen an easier to configure mailer and also I am
surprised about the scalability. I never understood exactly how to
configure smail, but exim no problem. I am running exim on most of my
Also we might think about replacing lilo with chos as the standard boot
loader from harddisk. lilo always is a difficulty for newbies, chos
- Menudriven Boot Loader (Cryptic Prompt only on demand)
- Highly Customizable Color Menus.
- Simple configuration in passwd style file /etc/chos.conf
--- +++ --- +++ --- +++ --- +++ --- +++ --- +++ --- +++ ---
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .