Re: Hamm: Exim + Chos standard?

Christoph Lameter:

> Also we might think about replacing lilo with chos as the standard boot
> loader from harddisk. lilo always is a difficulty for newbies, chos
> offers:
>
> - Menudriven Boot Loader (Cryptic Prompt only on demand)
> - Highly Customizable Color Menus.
> - Simple configuration in passwd style file /etc/chos.conf

But chos can't yet load bzImages. The usptream maintainer promised me to look
into it, so maybe it soon can. Until then, however, lilo should be the
standard. Once it can, we max talk about it again.

	Helmut

--
Helmut Geyer                                Helmut.Geyer@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
public PGP key available :           finger geyer@saturn.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de