like that?

From: Christoph Lameter <clameter@waterf.org>
> I need to have an address of the form http://hostname/directory/filename
> which I dont have with your proposal. The ROM space cannot be reached.

If I understand you correctly, you are asking for URL-able names for
the _entire_ ROM space. I was attempting to avoid having to export _all_
of /usr/doc and _all_ of /usr/lib/web without giving the user any
choice in the matter. However, this is not really a problem for
/usr/doc and /usr/lib/web/webspace. So, we can move two of the three
ROM links into:

	/var/web/webspace/ROM.webspace -> /usr/lib/web/webspace
	/var/web/webspace/ROM.doc -> /usr/doc

That will put all of the ROM documents in the public space. However, we can't
do that for cgi-bin...

> http://host/cgi-bin   -> /usr/lib/web/cgi-bin for ROM /var/web/cgibin for
> user

Now, that's a problem. I _don't_ want to export the entire ROM cgi-bin by
default for obvious security reasons. I would much rather have symlinks for
individual scripts. These symlinks may be installed by packages, but should
be individual per-script and should be treated like conffiles. If the user
decides to remove them, we should not put them back without asking permission
first.

> The index.html is the matter of the webserver and not the tools of
> which a number could be installed. They all might need some reference from
> index.html.

This is not a problem if /var/web/webspace is not your server root.

	Thanks

	Bruce