Re: why are we renaming ncurses man pages?

Richard Kettlewell writes ("Re: why are we renaming ncurses man pages? "):
> Isn't it a good thing that you can say man <function name> and get the
> right man page, rather than having to say man curs_<function name>,
> though?

Indeed, that's why this is done.  It's also done because curs_func(3x)
is (a) ugly and (b) completely out of keeping with our nice clean
manpage scheme.

ncurses can't do it this way in the upstream version because they have
to support people whose manual programs aren't as good as ours.

Is it really too hard to sed the manpages ?

Ian.