[Request for review/sponsorship/packaging] rinutils - a C library of headers used by Shlomi Fish's C projects (New Thread)

Hi all!

[ I am starting a new thread as a followup to
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2020/03/msg00003.html . CCing
Shachar who replied to the thread and Axel/xtaran ( https://axel.beckert.ch/ )
who collaborated with me on updating wml's (
https://packages.debian.org/sid/wml ) package to latest upstream releases and
who volunteered to try to sponsor and carry forward getting my FOSS packaged in
time for Bullseye. ]

My https://github.com/shlomif/rinutils/ C headers-only library is required by
fortune-mod ( https://github.com/shlomif/fortune-mod ), some of the new
releases of freecell-solver (
https://packages.debian.org/en/sid/freecell-solver-bin ), black-hole-solver (
https://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/projects/black-hole-solitaire-solver/ )
and possibly other projects of mine. I'm seeking someone to review, sponsor,
and possibly package this draft Debian package I prepared:

* https://salsa.debian.org/shlomif-guest/rinutils

* A docker+git-based perl program that test builds the package in a pristine
sid container can be found here:
https://github.com/shlomif/fortune-mod/blob/master/scripts/debian-packaging/build-rinutils-debian-package--using-docker.pl

There is a already a fedora package and rinutils uses a
cmake-based procedure for installation:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rinutils .

I wish to keep it as a separate package to comply with the debian and fedora
policies and avoid duplicate code. So I'm seeking a debian developer to review,
and sponsor it.

Note that it is FOSS under the MITL.

Note that I now applied the advice in Shachar's reply (
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2020/03/msg00008.html ) and revised
the description in the README (and the downstream @shlomif-guest draft package).

Currently getting recent versions of my FOSS packaged into debian bullseye
before the freezes is my highest priority due to the prevalence of Debian and
its derivatives. Here is the plan/progress doc:

https://github.com/shlomif/shlomif-public-notes/blob/master/notes/updating-shlomif-foss-to-their-new-releases--in-debian-bullseye-before-the-freeze.asciidoc

(short URL: https://is.gd/LIdqCv ).

Thanks!

Regards,

	Shlomi

--

Shlomi Fish

I wear prescription glasses so I may be half-blind, but at least I'm trying
hard not to be a complete dick.