Re: [Request for packaging] rinutils - a C library of headers used by Shlomi Fish's C projects (but may be of some limited general interest)

On 03/03/2020 11:06, Shlomi Fish wrote:
Hi all!

My https://github.com/shlomif/rinutils/ C headers-only library is required by
fortune-mod ( https://github.com/shlomif/fortune-mod ), some of the new
releases of freecell-solver

Hi Shlomi,

Since you took the trouble to CC me specifically, I'm writing you an answer. I looked at the project page, and was left without a clue how one is supposed to package them. A Debian package needs to have a description that will be self explanatory to users, so they know what the package is for. "Some headers Shlomi Fish uses in some of his projects" does not meet that criteria.

 (
https://packages.debian.org/en/sid/freecell-solver-bin ), black-hole-solver (
https://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/projects/black-hole-solitaire-solver/ )
and possibly other projects of mine. I'm seeking someone to package it for
debian and maintain a debian package.

I will not do either of those, but if you package them according to the Debian policy, I'll certainly consider sponsoring the upload.

Shachar