Re: About your minetest-mod-* packages

Hello,

On 02.06.2016 20:59, Dominik George wrote:
> Him
>
>> I wouldn't have proposed to move away the repository if the package had
>> been under team maintenance! There is a git repo but :
>> - it is more three years old ;
>
> That's not a reason to kill history.

Actually keeping the history for a non-released package is not that
critical. More important than keeping a history is maintaining the
package for the foreseeable future and to get involved.

>> - it's not clear it's a complete packaging ;
>
> It is. None of the DDs in the team ever cared to upload. The package lay there
> for three years, untouched, because it was ready and noone of those who
> promised to upload it did, until I lost motivation.

[...]

It is true that is was often quite frustrating for newcomers in the
past. I have made the same unpleasant experience. Nowadays finding a
sponsor isn't as difficult as it used to be. I can help you to get the
mesecons mod into Debian since I run a Minetest server myself and
because it is one of the most popular Minetest modifications. But it
makes only sense to include them in Debian, if they are up-to-date
because Minetest has changed a lot during the past two years. My
condition for sponsoring is that all other mods must be updated too
because they are completely out-of-date and even not suitable for servers.

Regards,

Markus