Re: About your minetest-mod-* packages

Him

> I wouldn't have proposed to move away the repository if the package had
> been under team maintenance! There is a git repo but :
> - it is more three years old ;

That's not a reason to kill history.

> - it's not clear it's a complete packaging ;

It is. None of the DDs in the team ever cared to upload. The package lay there
for three years, untouched, because it was ready and noone of those who
promised to upload it did, until I lost motivation.

> - nothing was ever uploaded from it.

> There is no history to keep track of : my own packaging is from scratch.

OK. I have a few remarks about it:

 * I fixed your dh_install override to remove the useless use of find(1).
 * You remove */doc/ from the module installation. What about adding them
   to the package docs in some way?
 * You have dropped the git revision from the version. I'd prefer keeping
   the old version scheme because it allows for reproducing the package.
   As upstream has no release tarballs (the tarball link from the website
   points to a snapshot of whatever is current HEAD), this would be quite
   important.
   Oh, yes… now, looking at the watch file, you seem to have gotten the
   tarball from somewhere else. In that case, please document that - the
   Source: field in the copyright file would be a good place for that.
 * Also, how to get a reproducible tarball? I did not care about that in the
   old package either, but have by now learnt that the build should be
   reproducible, e.g. by providing a get-orig-source target.

Cheers,
Nik

--
PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296

Dominik George · Mobil: +49-151-61623918

Teckids e.V. · FrOSCon e.V. · OpenRheinRuhr e.V.
Fellowship of the FSFE · Piratenpartei Deutschland
Opencaching Deutschland e.V. · Debian Contributor

LPIC-3 Linux Enterprise Professional (Security)