Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

> Besides artists do not like censorship. Debian is like a publisher and if we
> start removing not-really-offensive artwork then artists will be very
> disappointed. I would. Those who demand to remove those images -- you would be
> very upset if publisher would drop your content that you included in your
> artwork.

Debian's priorities are our users and free software, not upstream. It
is up to the package maintainers (in principle) to decide if patching
or not some contents out of a program serves our users better or
worse. We can choose to not touch anything and let the programs as
they are, or we may choose to patch them according to what we feel is
better. As a general rule, both options are perfectly valid depending
on the circumstances. So yeah, those who are personally involved in
packaging that game can perfectly decide to patch it, or decide not to
do it, and it won't be the end of the world.

Greetings,
Miry