Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

On Sat, 2 May 2015 13:40:32 Zlatan Todoric wrote:
> And Freedom and Censorship don't go along IMHO.

True. Freedom is more important than censorship and censorship is worse than
sexism. Some years ago in Australia they tried to introduce mandatory internet
censorship with moral justification like "me must protect our children" etc.

Besides artists do not like censorship. Debian is like a publisher and if we
start removing not-really-offensive artwork then artists will be very
disappointed. I would. Those who demand to remove those images -- you would be
very upset if publisher would drop your content that you included in your
artwork.

May be it would be more productive if artists would express their ideas of
ethics in their artworks instead of complaining about someone else' art.

 Dmitry Smirnov
 GPG key : 4096R/53968D1B

---

Platitude: an idea (a) that is admitted to be true by everyone, and (b)
that is not true.
        -- H. L. Mencken